the place at which two things, or separate parts of one thing, are joined or united, either rigidly or in such a way as to permit motion; juncture.
a connection between pieces of wood, metal, or the like, often reinforced with nails, screws, or glue.
Anatomy, Zoology .
- the movable or fixed place or part where two bones or elements of a skeleton join.
- the form or structure of such a part, as a ball-and-socket, hinge, pivot, etc.
one of the large portions into which a section of meat is divided by a butcher, as the shoulder or leg, esp. as served at table.
- a dirty, cheap, or disreputable place of public accommodation or entertainment, esp. a restaurant or nightclub.
- a place or establishment, as a hotel, restaurant, etc.
- We stayed in a very classy joint near the ocean.
- a part, esp. of a plant, insect, etc., connected with another part by an articulation, node, or the like.
- a portion between two articulations, nodes, or the like.
Geology . a fracture plane in rocks, generally at right angles to the bedding of sedimentary rocks and variously oriented in igneous and metamorphic rocks, commonly arranged in two or more sets of parallel intersecting systems.
joined or associated, as in relation, interest, or action
- joint owners.
Law . joined together in obligation or ownership
- joint heirs.
Verb (used with object)
to cut (a fowl, piece of meat, etc.) at the joint; divide at a joint; separate into pieces at the joints
- to prepare (a board or the like) for fitting in a joint.
- to true the bottom of (a wooden plane body) to allow even movement along the surface of the work.
- collective , common , communal , concerted , conjoint , conjunct , consolidated , cooperative , hand in hand , intermutual , joined , mutual , public , united , general
- abutment , articulation , bend , bond , bracket , bridge , concourse , confluence , conjuncture , connection , copula , coupling , crux , elbow , hinge , hyphen , impingement , interconnection , junction , knot , link , meeting , nexus , node , point , seam , splice , suture , swivel , tangency , tie , union , vinculum , bar , club , dive * , hole in the wall , honky-tonk * , juke joint * , roadhouse , tavern , juncture , dive* , honky-tonk* , brig , house of correction , keep , penitentiary , prison , ankle , butt , combined , communal , cooperative , dive , dove-tail joint , dowel , dwelling , gimbal joint , hangout , hip , joggle joint , knee , knuckle , miter , mortise joint , mutual , rabbet joint , scarf joint , shared , shoulder , united , wrist
Tìm thêm với Google.com :
NHÀ TÀI TRỢ